January 4, 2012

Responding to Comments

I've gotten a few emails in the past asking how I respond to people who comment on my blog. I don't like the thought of comments floating out there in the universe- I want to thank people for taking the time to read what I write, and to have a dialogue with them instead of a one-sided conversation.
It's very easy to do:

1. Click on your "settings" tab.
2. Once there, find the "comments" tab.
3. Scroll down to the very last section that reads "Comment Email Notification."
4. Enter the email address you want your comments sent to, and click "save settings".

You're done! It's simple to do once you know how. All the comments on your blog will now be sent straight to your email. Click reply, and write that commenter back to know you appreciate them. (This obviously works if they have their reply to email set up- while you're in your settings, go ahead and make sure yours is set up, please!)

I hope this helps start a few new conversations in blogland!

2 kind comments from you:

Southhamsdarling said...

Good advice my friend. I was commenting on every single comment individually on my blog, and it was taking me ages!!! I now reply by e-mail, as you do, as it is SO much easier, and takes up far less time, which gives me more time to get on with my blog reading!

Chantal said...

I really hope more people follow this! I hate not being able to respond, especially when that person asks a question.

Post a Comment