October 18, 2010

The Twenty-first and Twenty-Second Days



* I apologize (only slightly) for using so many pictures of my lovely daughter. :)

"My one regret in life is that I am not someone else." 




Day 21 → (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?
Day 22 → Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.


The first question applies to all of my friends- we don't get into fights (because we're not in junior high?), but even if we did, I would drop everything and run to their sides. Simple.

Shyness. That's what I wish I hadn't done- spent so much time and effort hiding from people. I am horrible at making friends. I am horrible at making the first move in any kind of relationship. Several, several times, I have met someone and clicked with them in a way that made me want to exchange emails and plan a lunch together. Then I sit back, watch them walk away, and have one less friend because I was too scared to bring it up.

I've been this way since I was a kid, and while I've gotten slightly-slightly- better about this, I still sit at home and wish I had more people to shop with or see a movie with, etc. I always have a great time with the few friends I do have, and yet I am often too afraid to even invite them to do things. Sky has been bugging me for weeks to ask a couple over for games (that would be you, Kim!), but I'm so worried they wouldn't want to or they have better things to do that I just keep my mouth shut.

It nearly takes a crane to get me out of my house and into any social situation, and yet, I'm laughing and having a ball once I'm there. What kind of neurotic behavior is this?!

0 kind comments from you:

Post a Comment