May 10, 2011

Rescue

"When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, 
we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, 
have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand." 



I put Millie to bed around 7pm tonight. Off and on, she wailed. In and out of sleep. Tylenol and Orajel and icy teething rings. At 12:38am, she was still crying.

There are some tiny, half cries that are almost charming and sweet sometimes. These were not those kind. I found myself starting to crumble a little bit. My whole body tensed from the frustration.

And then, as Sky say on the floor while I sat above him on the couch, he reached up and absent-mindfully touched my knee. He let go after just a brief second.

He rescued me just like that.

Photobucket

10 kind comments from you:

Anonymous said...

aww!

Ashley S. said...

Beautiful. Teething is the worst! Hang in there! Have you tried the teething tablets? They are all natural, and they worked really well for my daughter. You can find them in most pharmacies or baby departments.

Unknown said...

So sweet!

A Boring Girl said...

I couldn't sleep last night either I had a fussy coughing boyfriend!

Alana said...

So sweet! Amazing how just a touch can affect us. Mike and I are both super touchy-feely, which is wonderful. :) Maybe it's your love language?

charla beth said...

beautiful.

Nicole Marie said...

:)

jamila said...

aw, so sweet! i especially love the quote.

Anonymous said...

Loved this. So beautiful. Simply.

beka said...

*long sigh*
that's a beautiful moment.
babies crying can be a pretty helpless times:\

Post a Comment