March 21, 2010

Lighter, Part 2

I handle myself fairly well when I'm around people talking about the military. But when I'm alone, and I think about anything for too long- an unavoidable deployment in the future, the days and nights that I couldn't think of anything but where my boyfriend and my brother were, etc., I can easily dissolve into tears. That plus being pregnant is probably not a good set up to read blogs from other military spouses, especially when one just lost her husband. So after a little meltdown, I decided I would steal another quiz and be happy again.


1. What are your middle names?
Mine- Lindsey (ick)

2. How long have you been together?
One year and one week! :) We've been married for two months.

3. How long did you know each other before you started dating?
We talked online here and there since about December 2008,
but we met in person on March 13, 2009 and started dating March 18, 2009.

4. Who asked who out?
Sky asked me. I had driven to Flora to see him one more time before he went back to Afghanistan.
We spent the night in his mom's living room, talking too much to sleep.
He asked me, then told me he loved me.
And I drove back to Champaign at 4am to be at work on time!
He walked me out to my car and kissed me before I left.

5. How old are each of you?
He is 27, and I'm 25.

6. Did you go to the same school?
Nope!

7. Are you from the same home town?
Nope.

8. Who is the smartest?
We're both smart at different things, but overall he is! :)

9. Who majored in what?
I think he would like to major in photography, and I would like to major in journalism.

10. Who is the most sensitive?
I think by default I am, but I have seen glimpses from him.

11. Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
As a couple, Flora, Illinois! We'll be going to Scott Air Force Base soon, which is near St. Louis.

12. Who has the worst temper?
Him. :)

13. How many children do you want?
I never had a particular number in mind.
He has said 4, which would mean one more after this baby girl.

14. Who does the cooking?
I think we both will be cooking in this new apartment.
He is pretty awesome at volunteering to make me pancakes, though!

15. Who is more social?
Sky. He wouldn't say he is, because we both keep to ourselves, but I think he is.

16. Who is the neat freak?
Me! I can't think with messes.

17. Who is the most stubborn?
Hmm. Not sure on that. We're pretty laid back in general.

18. Who wakes up earlier?
Me. Wish I didn't!

19. Where was your first date?
It wasn't so much a date as it was the beginning,
but on the first night we met we went to the Eagles
and played pool, then back to my room to watch a movie.

20. Who has the bigger family?
Me. I have 4 siblings, he has 3.

21. Do you get flowers often?
At the risk of making him mad, no. I did once, though.

22. How do you spend the holidays?
Thanksgiving with one side of the family and Christmas with the other.

23. Who is more jealous?
Probably me. I doubt I could make him jealous if I tried!

24. How long did it take to get serious?
Less than a week. We really did know right away.
We made plans for him to move to Champaign the first weekend we met,
and we talked about marriage a couple weeks after he got home.

25. Who eats more?
We usually eat about the same, but he can eat an insane amount if given the opportunity!

26. What do you do for a living?
I'm a secretary until I'm a mother.
He's in the National Guard and is interviewing for jobs this week.

27. Who does the laundry?
I do most of it now.

28. Who's better with the computer?
Him!

29. Who drives when you are together?
Mostly him. Definitely for Flora trips.

30. What is your song?
We don't necessarily have one,
but he sings a lot of Sinatra (especially "I've Got the World on a String")
and Michael Buble, who was playing on the radio right after he proposed,
so anything by them counts to me.

0 kind comments from you:

Post a Comment