August 26, 2010

Friday Fill In #2

I have been having an emotional couple of weeks. There have been some really good things and some really bad things. I guess sometimes even I am at a loss for words. So, a Friday Fill-In from Wife of a Sailor, because I still feel like writing even when I don't know what to say...

What secret indulgence do you act on while your spouse is away? (from Devil Dog Darling)

- He's only away during drill, but for those weekends (and days like yesterday and today, a make up drill), I revert back to Erika the Single Girl. I go wherever I want to go on a whim. I have total control of what I watch on TV. Sometimes I spend time with friends and family, and sometimes I stay home. And now, I do all that with little girl in my arms!

If you were a spice, what would you be? (from New Girl On Post)

- I bet every answer to this will be about something firey, but the truth is that I'm not. Maybe I would be cinnamon...something comforting...

Where do you go for support when your significant other is deployed? (from Texas Meets Washington)

- Those four months Sky was gone, my brother was too, so I relied on my family and my friends- specifically my dad and my bestie, Dena. It was different then, however. If Sky ends up going to AIT for a new MOS, he'll be gone roughly the same length of time. Now we're married and have a baby, so it would probably be both easier in some ways and harder in some ways. Obviously, he wouldn't be in combat, so that makes things lightyears easier.

What is the oldest thing you own? (from A Troop’s Girl)

- I'm not sure, but probably a book. I have lots of old things- I really value family heirlooms, and I like antiques in general. Things are so much more interesting when they have a history.

How did you vision your future pre-military? (from Daddy’s Duty)

- Oh wow. Probably the opposite of this. Two years ago, I had no intention of being married or even in a very serious relationship. With that, I didn't figure I would have kids. If anything, I thought I would come back to good old Champaign, date lots of college boys, go to lots of local concerts, and end up as a 30 something with a cute apartment and a dog. But after spending the last two days talking with Millie one on one, I know that sometimes it's good if life doesn't go as planned.

2 kind comments from you:

Unknown said...

I would be cinnamon too :) Yummy!

Miss Innocent said...

like your blogs lay out :)

Post a Comment