January 22, 2011

Lost

in her Christmas dress
(notice the huge drool puddle covering it)
Amelia is spending tonight at Sky's apartment. I've never been away from her for more than a couple hours. Not once. That cheeky kid has been attached to my hip ever since she left my belly.

I hate every second of waking up in the middle of the night with her. It doesn't get easier as she grows. Every time, I would much rather stay in a warm bed. Every night, I wish I could get some quality sleep. I remember reading something that told parents not to be "tempted to stay up with the baby and play". Um, what? I have never understood that. I have most certainly never been tempted to do anything but go back to bed. (Example: I was up and out of bed seven different times last night. Yeah... it sucks.)

Shouldn't I feel some sense of wild freedom? Shouldn't I call a friend and go out somewhere past 8pm?

Maybe. But instead I feel lonely. I miss that little, sleepless chunk so much.

People do this. People "share" kids between two houses. I know it happens. I know I should try to suck it up and learn to get over it.

But,
oh gosh...
I miss that baby.


3 kind comments from you:

beka said...

awwwww.
that sucks. :(
hmm. maybe you'll get a full night of sleep? or none at all.

Michelle said...

:( That is the cutest picture and I love her dress. I hope you're able to find some peace in her absence tonight.

Goodnight moon said...

Okay, first of all...she is simply adorable in that dress! She is so yummy looking!

I know what you mean though, when your not around your baby, you miss her and only want her back, even if she is crying and getting up all throughout the night. We should all enjoy our moments of peace to ourselves, but as mommies, we just don't operate that way do we?

Hugs!!!!

Post a Comment