March 2, 2011

Pretty Petals


"They're so friendly. Don't you think that daisies are the friendliest flower?"
-You've Got Mail

Yesterday, a tall, dark, and handsome man appeared in my house.

He had just gotten home from a job interview, so there he stood in a nice shirt, pants, and skinny tie. 
I knew about the job interview.
I did not know of the stop on the way home to get me daisies.


Not for a holiday. Not for a special occasion. Not to apologize for something.
Just daisies. Just because.
I could not wipe the silly grin off of my face.
I got flowers from my husband for no reason whatsoever.
It made me swoon just a little bit.



Photobucket

5 kind comments from you:

Unknown said...

LOVE IT! I love "You got Mail". I watched it at least 30 times in High School. And yes, daisies are the friendliest flower by far.

beka said...

ohh my.
we've never purchased daisies (nor my parents, ya know; it's always roses or those mixed-carnations).... and i've never seen You've Got Mail. but i saw the oldie version of it; with jimmy stewart. SO cute!

love this post. a lot. :)

Lydia said...

That is so sweet! I love daisy's too!

Steph said...

Oh how sweet! I love just because flowers.

Dr. Army Wife said...

awwww what a good man!

Post a Comment