May 4, 2011

Happenings

source
I'm not full of inspiration right now, but I had to share this- the second soldier in the picture (the tallest looking one) is none other than my very own brother, Andy. He texted this picture to me tonight, and I couldn't help but be proud. And after he and Sky have been gone this whole time, and seeing pictures of every other soldier there but those two, it was nice to see him in action. Of course, I still want to see Sky, but I'm still fond of watching my little brother doing big things.

Thank you all for your understanding during my whining this past week- I love that I can always count on you to encourage me and help me keep things in perspective. I haven't been very strong- this morning, I told Sky I make a pretty lousy military wife. He disagreed, but he hasn't had any other wives, military or otherwise, to really make an accurate comparison.

Today was a nice change of pace- I got to get out of the house and hang out with Andy's girlfriend and daughter. She texted me around 1am, asking me if I was still awake. I thought it was an odd question until I realized that it was in fact 1am. Neither of us have been sleeping much without the boys at home. We went to a children's museum in town and a fun frozen yogurt place, and most importantly, I was able to be out of this stuffy apartment. My dad took us out to eat afterwards, and I came home feeling like I had some oxygen in my lungs.

Last but not least, the other thing I came home to- an email in my inbox, telling me I'd been nominated for the Top 25 Military Family blogs on the Circle of Moms site. Everyone is able to vote daily, so I humbly ask for your vote if you fancy me! (That's British for: I read your blog.) The voting is counting every day until May 25. Thank you to the mysterious nominator, by the way!


And that, dear ones, is just about all the news in Chambana tonight.

Photobucket

7 kind comments from you:

Unknown said...

Congrats for the nomination! Sounds like you had a fun day...hope Sky is able to come home soon.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being nominated, I'll definitely be voting!

I'm glad you had a nice day, and I hope Sky gets to come home soon!!

Unknown said...

Congrats doll!!

Michelle said...

"He disagreed, but he hasn't had any other wives, military or otherwise, to really make an accurate comparison" - That was a really funny statement. And you have EVERY right to be whiny. Pissing and moaning is one of my favorite things to do, join the club. And that's so awesome your little brother was in that photo. Yay, little bro! I still call my little brother 'little' even though he's 28 now and way taller than me. Congrats on the nod! That's awesome!

charla beth said...

thanks for sharing that picture with us. :)

a children's museum and frozen yogurt sounds fun! i'm so glad you were able to get out of the house and enjoy the day.

congratulations on the nomination!

beka said...

awww, congrats on being nominated! that's pretty darn cool. :)

beka said...

p.s. where is my head? i forgot to say, that's an awesome picture. i bet you're so proud of him!

Post a Comment