July 30, 2011

When the World Gets Bigger

I was not going to blog tonight, or anytime soon. Apart from the post I'd already typed up for Millie's birthday, I felt completely out of words, empty and incapable of saying anything worthwhile.

Like always, though, I am humbled when I remember that there is a big world outside of this apartment in this little town. Tonight, I was reminded of that in such a forceful way, my breath hasn't quite returned.

This video was posted on a blog tonight. The blog belongs to a girl, Rebecca, whose family has long been friends with mine- in fact, I babysat for her and her younger sisters many times. Rebecca is currently pregnant with a baby boy who has Trisonomy 13, which is more severe than the Trisonomy 18 baby Eliot has in the video. Every time she posts, my heart breaks for her, but she consistently blows me away by her unshakable faith and her perseverance. I know for a fact that I could not have the grace she shows.

The video requires a whole Kleenax box to watch, so be prepared. And if you would, go read Rebecca's story, and show her some love.

9 kind comments from you:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much Erika :) Your blog entry means a lot to me! I feel very blessed. Michael actually has Trisonomy 13 which is more severe than Tri-18 unfortunately. But the two are easily confused! Thanks once again, much love!

Screech Owl said...

That is what faith is all about. Thank you so much for posting this, for supporting your friends, and for allowing us to reach out to them as well. <3

Renee said...

So moving! My cousin has a little girl with Tri-18..she will turn 2 next week. It's a never-ending struggle but they get so much joy from that little girl.

A Boring Girl said...

Seen the video before its hearþreaking. Ill be praying for your friend.

beka said...

cried through every.second.of.it.
wow. ♥ more like heart-ripping.

Mrs. H said...

I'm already emotional and I just bawled the entire time.
What a beautiful story. Praying for the same grace for your friend.

charla beth said...

that video was so heart-breaking, but extremely powerful. i will definitely be stopping by your friend's blog.

Alana said...

I wasn't going to watch this because I knew I would bawl, but I had to. Seeing the glimpse of the Bama outfit really made it closer to home. Praying for both families today.

Angela said...

Thank you for sharing this because it has truly blessed me in so many ways.

Post a Comment