May 28, 2012

100 Questions (and 100 Answers)

Recently Jess at IROCKSOWHAT posted a list of 100 questions. Since I've gained some new followers recently (hello, new followers!), I'm going to borrow the idea for today's post. Maybe I'll even get Sky to fill out the husband's interview questions at a later date!
So without further ado, here are the questions:


  • Are you young at heart, or an old soul? An old soul, although Millie keeps parts of my heart young.


  • What makes someone a best friend? They are there for you when the rest of the world isn't.


  • What Christmas (or Hanukkah) present do you remember the most? A bathrobe- we got to open one present on Christmas Eve, and I couldn't get over the sheer luck that the gift I picked was able to be used right away. It was mind blowing to my little 10 year old self.


  • Tell me about a movie/song/tv show/play/book that has changed your life. It's a Wonderful Life. I love it for a million and one reasons, but the message that George Bailey's small life still touched so many others has held me through a lot of days struggling with depression.


  • Name one physical feature that you like about yourself, and one you dislike. I like the color of my eyes. I despise my nose.


  • Would you like to reconnect with any friends you’ve lost contact with? Maybe a few, but I'd be even more interested in connecting with people I wasn't friends with earlier, but realize would be awesome to know better now.


  • What’s more important in a relationship: physical attraction or emotional connection? The physical really couldn't be more unimportant.


  • Name a movie that you knew would be terrible just from reading the title. Final Destination 5. I mean, really.


  • What holiday do you most look forward to? Christmas.


  • How is the relationship between you and your parents? Good. My mom lives far away on the west coast, but we talk often. My dad lives half a mile down the road, and I usually see him a couple times a week. Totally different types of relationships, but both valuable.


  • You’ve got the TV on, but you’re not really watching. What channel is the TV on? Any channel? I'm always multi-tasking- folding laundry, checking email, playing with Millie. I actually don't like background noise at all, so it's probably not on if I'm not glued to it.


  • Name a song that never fails to make you happy. Probably something by The Black Keys.


  • You know at least one person named Michael. Tell me about him. It's one of my brother's middle names. He's a good guy and made some killer hamburgers at our cookout this weekend.


  • Have you ever read the “missed connections” on Craigslist? Have you ever posted one, or wanted to? I've read them, and I float between thinking they're hopelessly romantic and really creepy. (I've never posted or wanted to post.)


  • If you could pick anywhere to live the rest of your life, where would it be? Is it weird if I say it's a toss up between Champaign, Illinois and England?


  • Can money buy happiness? Not happiness, but it would eliminate a lot of stress and worry in our life.


  • Do you drink? Smoke? Do drugs? Why, or why not? I rarely drink, only smoked while I was socially drinking or really stressed (don't yell at me, Mom), and don't do drugs. And why? I rarely drink or smoke because it's expensive (and harmful in excess) and I don't do drugs for the obvious brain damage/jail time factors.


  • Is there anyone close to you that you know you can’t trust? You don’t have to give names. Yes.


  • Where was your favorite place to go when you were a little kid? I always liked visiting my dad at the firehouse. We'd climb on the firetrucks and play hide and seek in the bays.


  • Have you ever spent a night in the hospital? Only when Millie was born- I was there a total of 3 nights then.


  • Do you enjoy being with only one or two friends, or with a large group of people? I have always been the type to have just a few close friends. I'm shy!


  • Do you like the type of music your parents listen to? Do your parents like the type of music you listen to? I think I probably like most of the music my parents like- my dad is the one who made me obsessed with Bob Dylan. They'd probably like most of what I listen to, but not all.


  • Have you ever been bullied? Have you ever bullied anyone else? I was very mildly during the part of my education that wasn't homeschooling. I never bullied anyone.


  • If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Pizza, baby.


  • Do you believe in a god? Absolutely.


  • Of all the social networks in the world, why use twitter? It feels like a more private Facebook at times (if that makes any sense).


  • What’s your favorite hashtag to track? I don't.


  • Would you call yourself/your family “middle class?” Ha, no.


  • Name a TV series you didn’t enjoy until after it ended. Didn't enjoy as much (because I was young)= Seinfeld. Love that show.


  • Have you ever bought a product from an infomercial? No way, Jose. I just had a discussion about them today- it's so hilarious how they compare their product to a 'normal' one- the person is always fumbling, spilling, injuring themselves, and frowning, as if life couldn't be worse.


  • If you could give up your car and never have to drive again, would you? Who would do that?


  • If you go back to one point in time to give advice to yourself, when would you go and what would you say? There are too many points in time to do that.


  • What’s your “quirkiest” habit? Being able to quote old movies and not having a clue about recent ones.


  • What is “normal?” Are you normal? I hope I'm not.


  • Someone close to you is dying. You have the choice to let this person live for 10 more years, but if you do, you cause the death of 10 strangers. You don’t have to see them die. Do you take the offer? Yikes. Yes? But I wouldn't enjoy the weird Twilight-zone world I lived in...


  • What is one thing you could never forgive? I'm bad about holding grudges, to be honest. Definitely if someone ever caused Millie any harm in any way.


  • Would you rather be in a relationship after the honeymoon period ends, or be single? Every honeymoon period will end if you stay in the relationship long enough- that's why it's about commitment and not feelings. I would rather be in a relationship after than be single.


  • Is it possible for guys and girls to be just friends? Possible, but rare.


  • Where do you and your friends go to hang out? I don't hang out with a lot of people in real life- I think being in your 20s is awkward for that, because everyone seems to be in such wildly different places in their life.


  • Write the first sentence of your obituary. Erika, loved wife and mother, passed away with her family at her side. And something in there about getting published.


  • What is the best TV theme song ever? The Office?


  • When you were young, what would you dream you would be when you grew up? A writer.


  • When you’re alone in your own home, do you walk around naked? I can't remember the last time I was alone in my house. 


  • What gets you out of bed in the morning? Millie singing or crying, or my alarm.


  • Do you want to have more friends than you have right now? More quality friends- not so much numbers as call-you-in-the-middle-of-the-night friends.


  • What part of the past year sticks out in your mind? Stress. I hope I have a different answer next year.


  • You win a scratch-off lottery game that gives you $2000 a week (after taxes) for the rest of your life. Do you keep your job? I probably wouldn't keep my once a week housecleaning job, but I'd do some sort of volunteer work- probably for veterans, since I've become a part of that military family.


  • Could you be in a long-distance relationship? If you’re in one, what makes yours work? I was in one during half of Sky's deployment (in case you're new around here, we met when he was on leave from Afghanistan), and we've had lots of weeks apart since then. He's leaving today for weeks of summer training with the Reserves. I don't know that it's that much different than any other relationship...I'm good at writing letters and pining away.


  • What’s the best route to your heart? At this stage of my life? Write me a love letter and fold laundry.


  • Have you ever met someone through the internet, then met them in real life? If you don't know the answer, you haven't gone through the history tab yet!


  • What is your favorite sport? College basketball.


  • What has been troubling you lately? Finances, present and future, and things related to them.


  • Did you enjoy your high school prom? If you haven’t gotten there yet, do you look forward to it? If you didn’t go, why not? At prom age, I was homeschooled. 


  • What do you use more often: your intuition or logical reasoning? A mix of the two.


  • Do you know what makes you happy? Yes, but sometimes I'm not good at being happy.


  • Tell me about the last book you read. Currently reading 4 or 5 (for the last year or two), but I hope to get further into the Jimmy Stewart biography Sky gave me for Christmas.


  • What is the nicest compliment you’ve ever been given? That I have a beautiful soul. It was the sweetest thing anyone could say, I think.


  • Who was your first crush? Ohh, too many people who read this blog know him. A little blonde boy- I'll leave it at that.


  • Do you believe that there is life on other planets? Nope.


  • Predict what your life will look like a year from now. I'd rather not. More chaotic?


  • Often, people will ask how your last relationship ended. I want to know how it began. It began when I realized he DJed for my favorite radio station, and sitting in the studio late at night soothed some angst. 


  • Where is your favorite place to go out and eat? A local Italian place if we're being fancy. Taco Bell before they changed their meat if we're not.


  • What is something you want to change about your current situation? Income- not for extravagance, but for less worry.


  • Early bird or night owl? Insomnia = absolute night owl


  • Are there any childhood possessions you still hold on to? Many. I'm sentimental to a fault.


  • Give me an unpopular opinion you haveI'm a Christian who has different political views than nearly all Christians I know.


  • What was the last song that was stuck in your head? This one (from Mad Men). And now it's stuck in yours. (Fun fact- I started singing it around the house, and now Millie sings it and laughs hysterically.)


  • Where do you live? Be as general or specific as you want. Chambana!


  • Do you believe in giving kids medals and trophies for participation? Sometimes.


  • What was the longest car ride you’ve ever taken? Maybe to New York City?


  • Have you ever taken part in a protest? Not in a carrying signs way, but I have signed petitions. 


  • Would you ever use an online dating service? No.


  • What is your ethnic heritage? Danish/Italian/probably lots more of Europe.


  • Describe a person that inspires you. Kind-hearted and doesn't know a stranger.


  • If you earn minimum wage doing what you love, would you? I earn less than that (i.e., nada) as a stay at home mother, but it is what I love.


  • Do you believe in luck? Not much.


  • Describe the last time you were very angry at someone. Consuming.


  • Do you want to live until you’re 100? That's a hard question to answer. I'll say yes...


  • Do people change? If so, how do you keep a relationship together when both of you start to change? Absolutely. And you keep it together because you promised it.


  • Have you ever risked a friendship by telling someone you liked them? No.


  • Would you rather be alone doing something you enjoy, or doing something you don’t like with your best friends? Usually alone, in typical introvert style.


  • Do you practice what you preach? I fail often, but I strive to do so.


  • If you take precautions to stay safe, do you ultimately act more recklessly? I'm not very reckless.


  • What do you value more in a significant other: Attractiveness or intelligence? Intelligence is incredibly attractive. 


  • Are you hard-headed? Yes.


  • Have you ever laughed uncontrollably when it was socially inappropriate? Definitely. Sky and I were in hysterics during a birthing class at the hospital. 


  • When have you felt most alive? Driving alone in the country with the windows down, listening to music and missing a soldier.


  • Where would you prefer to live? A city? The suburbs? The countryside? The mountains? I would love to try them all, but this town suits me perfectly.


  • Do you often skip breakfast? Oh goodness, I can't remember what year I last ate breakfast. It never happens.


  • How do you know what true love is? There are probably a lot of good answers to this questions. I suppose mine would be- When it's hard to stay and you stay anyway.


  • Would you want to know the exact date and time you were going to die? No way.


  • Where is “home” for you? Here. I'm rooted in this place.


  • What song best describes your life right now? Deep Dark Wells by a favorite, Joe Pug.


  • Do you want to be perfect? No, just better.


  • What have you never tried, but would really like to someday? What’s holding you back? There is so much I have not done that I hope to do someday. What's holding me back? Circumstance, I suppose.


  • How do you express your creativity? Writing- poetry and prose. Photography. Doing just about anything with my daughter.


  • Describe your neighborhood. Quiet, and full of people who are either settled here after a long life, or are waiting and hoping for more someday.


  • Name something you only liked because it was popular. Too many things. Scrunchies. Slap bracelets. Sketchers. Pogs. Perms. Choker necklaces. Tiny backpack purses. I could list about 500 things circa year 2000.


  • Give me the story of your life in six words. The story is still being written.
  • 3 kind comments from you:

    Meagan said...

    Loved reading this and learning more about you. If only I had the patience to answer all of these great questions...

    Michelle said...

    Loved everything about this. You're Danish?!? Me too!!! You're the first Danish person I've ever met :)

    Cheers to being shy & introverted, old souls who love old movies, and lovers of The Black Keys :) (and many more things I could point out!)

    beka said...

    i don't like background noise either. oy.

    "Being able to quote old movies and not having a clue about recent ones."
    hahahah, that is too awesome. seriously.

    Post a Comment