September 28, 2012

It's Fall!

Photobucket

It's fall at last. Millie is already inheriting my love of pulling on long sleeves and warm coats, 
especially what she calls "Grandma's sweater"- this golden yellow peacoat my mom made for her. 

Photobucket

We love taking cozy, rambling walks and finding treasures like leaves and "pinecombs" along the way.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Our hair is windswept and our fingers a little cold by the time we get back home.
But that's what makes it all the more an adventure.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The other thing fall brings? Trips to the apple orchard for cider,
apple doughnuts, finding pretty pumpkins, and meeting goats.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Above: Our family photo just a couple days after she was born.
Below: Our family a couple weeks ago. Time flies.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Above: Millie in the same chair at a few days, 1 year, and 2 years old.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And now, we're craving lots of autumn recipes- all things cinnamon, spice, or pumpkin.
Let me know your favorites!

15 kind comments from you:

Chelle said...

Can grandma make me one haha

Michelle said...

Oh, I love Millie's jacket - I totally want one! Your family photo is so screaming cute! It will be so wonderful to see how it progresses over the years. :)

Chantal said...

1. Love her jacket.
2. Love the family portraits!
3. Love her photos in the chair.

Jen said...

I love her jacket!! :) Yay for fall!

Amanda said...

Love that the pictures are the same place every year! Great pictures of you and her too!!!

Deanna said...

Recipes? I just pinned this: http://melanieinthemiddle.com/2012/09/caramel-apple-sticky-buns.html which I hope to make soon, and pumpkin spice crockpot latte I think sounds good for this afternoon. (-:

I love the orchard pics! (and your comment on Facebook about writing drunk and editing sober still has me laughing!)

Fran said...

Dude, can you mom make me a sweater? that is adorable!

Michelle said...

LOVE these pictures! I can't get over that precious coat! And the baby pictures! Fall is the best :)

Rhe Christine said...

That sweater is amazing!

Anonymous said...

I love that you took a family photo in the same spot. What a cool way to mark time! And the sweater coat is JUST adorable. Hooray for fall!

greaterexp said...

Your photography always amazes me! I could look at your pictures all day. If I take a picture, it looks like the worst amateur photo ever. Yours always look so professional without looking "posed." How do you do that?! What a precious subject to choose - Millie!

Unknown said...

What a cute sweater!

Nicole Michelle
www.nicolemichelles.com

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that sweater!! I love it!

That picture of Millie and Sky where she's sitting on the pumpkin is so sweet and the one where you two are looking at the pumpkin.

This post makes me love fall even more!

beka said...

awwww the pictures are so cute.

i could go for some hot cider and a chick flick right now....hmm..

Contemplating Beauty said...

wow that peacoat is AHMAZING! Is it crocheted? I hope I am that good one day, it's simply THEE cutest! And her hair is getting more and more red, I love it:)

Post a Comment