May 20, 2010

Thursday Five #1

Another post for the blogworld...
Today's the day where we (those of us that want to) post 5 things that have made us

Joyful

Giddy

Excited

Thankful

Jubilant

or

Just plain ol' happy this week!

I have been up and down lately-sometimes in the same day or even same hour (thank you, pregnancy hormones)- so this is good for me. And my five are these:

1. I quit my job. There are strings attached to this as to why it's not great, but mostly, it is absolutely wonderful. My stay-at-home motherhood has pre-begun. And with things like contractions, a kidney infection, and all around exhaustion, I am so glad to have more peace. The ability to lie down and nap at any time is one of the most precious things I've ever had. Being able to eat when I'm actually hungry, sleep until I am ready to wake up in the morning, and not even have to put on makeup unless I want to? That is beautiful.

2. I made dinner for my family (my dad, my brother and his girlfriend, my insanely cute niece, and my husband) last night. I have lived in this apartment for months, and it is the second time I have cooked. However, everyone ate it, some seemed to like it, and though it wasn't anything incredible, I felt a little proud of myself.

3. It technically counts as last week, but I went with my best friend to get manicures and pedicures on Friday. Sure, I can paint my fingernails by myself. But I can't reach my feet easily anymore, and I definitely can't give the foot and hand rubs that came along with my bright red polish. If I could only pack a few things for a dessert island, a masseuse would be one of them, so that was pure bliss for me.

4. My hospital bag is more or less packed and sitting in the corner of my bedroom. I need to be extremely organized about all of this- I make lists, I use coupons, and I prepare. So doing this felt really good. Hopefully, I won't need it for another 9 weeks or so, but if I would, it is ready.

5. I've had a few more subscribers to this blog the last few days, and it is thrilling to me. I love that there are people to read my words. So if you are one of them, thank you. Trust me when I say I return the favor- I've subscribed to dozens of blogs and read them daily. Glad I got to participate with everyone today!

0 kind comments from you:

Post a Comment