July 22, 2011

Some Things You Can't Understand


"To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die."  — Thomas Campbell


While Chase and Ayden were visiting here, they brought up Sky's military career. It's kind of a difficult concept to grasp for a 6 and (almost) 5 year old. Chase was looking at some of Sky's photos from Afghanistan when he asked me, "Is Daddy a good guy?" "Yes," I said, "Of course he is."

He thought about this for a second, then nodded. Reassuring us or himself, he said, "If he wasn't, he wouldn't be alive."

"Yeah," I said softly. I wasn't going to correct him. If only it worked that way, I thought. If only it were that simple.

Please keep this military family in your thoughts and prayers today.

3 kind comments from you:

beka said...

ohmy. speechless.

just read the post you linked to.
dear God.
i'll be praying for them.

charla beth said...

oh my God.
that was the hardest thing i think i ever read in my 23 years.
i can't stop crying and praying for them.

by the way, your thoughts in here are beautifully bittersweet. life is so hard to understand sometimes.

Alana said...

I almost wish I hadn't read that post. I've been bawling for 20 minutes. But I think they deserve for others to be sad, if that makes sense.

Beautiful post.

Post a Comment